Bonfires and other pollution – how to report it

I received a report of someone having a bonfire (during the day) making lots of smoke near to Langtons Gardens.

There are rules and regulations surrounding when you can and when not to have bonfires.


A rule of thumb is think of other people and do not be selfish.  Think about how your bonfire smoke may affect others.


Residents can report Bonfires, pollution  (noise, smoke, light dust etc) through the council website at the following link


Before reporting – if possible, please consider talking to the person making the pollution.  It will be much quicker if they are able to do something about it themselves. And it may reduce reoccurrence of the issue.

Author: Paul Middleton

Paul is a Ward Councillor for St. Andrews & Hornchurch Resident's Association Executive member.

What are your thoughts? Why not share by commenting below:

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.