One of our residents received the following Scam email on the 6.7.20.
If you have received a similar email, please ignore it and delete it from your email account.
I would also ask that you inform your friends and relatives.
FW: GOV.UK – Reference: CTR2020/C31CTR-Number: 180059005107 – COUNCILTAXGOVUK- Message on 06-August-20 15:57:11 BST – Your GOV.UK important order #203-9320557-23482748 has been dispatched6eyycz1xrqs
Working out your Council Tax
You`ll need to know 3 things:
• the valuation band for your home in England and Wales or in Scotland
• how much your local council charges for that band
• whether you can get a discount or exemption from the full bill
You are getting a Council Tax Reduction (this used to be called Council Tax Benefit) considering you`re on a low income or get benefits.
• Total amount of benefits: GBP 385.50
• The refund amount will be transferred directly on your Debit/Credit Card.
Apply now to claim the reductions made over your past 5 years of Council tax payments.
Claim your Council Tax Reduction Now ↣
The information in this electronic e.Mail message is private and confidential, and only intended for the addressee.
The Government Digital Service Team