Contact numbers to use when Council buildings are closed

Contact numbers to use when buildings are closed

In order to make sure Council staff can continue to offer the best possible service to the public, Havering Town Hall, the Public Advice and Service Centre (PASC), and Mercury House in Romford are closed.

Anyone needing to speak to a specific department or service should use these numbers between 9am and 5pm on weekdays:

Adult Social Services: 01708 432000
Children’s Social Services / Safeguarding Team: 01708 433222
Council Tax: 01708 433997
Environment / Streetcare: 01708 432563
Housing Benefit: 01708 433996
Housing Services (Repairs / Rents / PSL): 01708 434000
Housing Solutions / Homelessness enquiries: 01708 432824
Payment line: 01708 433993
Planning and Building Control: 01708 433100
School Admissions: 01708 434600
Main switchboard: 01708 434343

Langtons House and death registrations

Langtons House will be closed from this Tuesday, 31 March.

Please email or call 01708 433481 on weekdays if you have an urgent query.

If you have an appointment for death registration at Langtons House tomorrow (Monday 30 March), you will no longer be able to attend this appointment.

A registrar will contact you to complete the registration over the phone at the time of your already booked appointment, but to do this we need the Medical Cause of Death Certificate with your name and contact number. If you haven’t already done so, you should deliver this to Langtons House, Billet Lane, Hornchurch, RM11 1XL today and post it through the letterbox in the door.

Refuse and recycling collections

Unfortunately it has not been possible for our refuse collections team to visit these roads in Upminster on Friday and Saturday: Severn Drive, Dart Close, Fleet Avenue, Clyde Crescent and Dee Close.

We apologise for this and will ensure that black and orange sacks are picked up tomorrow morning, including any resultant spillages.

If you live in one of these roads, and have taken your bags back inside, please make sure they are out in front of your property by 7am on Monday morning.

Family Services Hub

For general information about early years, childcare and funding, including the availability of places, go to the hub.

Author: Paul Middleton

Paul is a Ward Councillor for St. Andrews & Hornchurch Resident's Association Executive member.

What are your thoughts? Why not share by commenting below:

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.